Finding the right ad network can be a daunting task for publishers. There are a wide variety of factors to consider when picking an ad network that meets your needs. These include ad unit, minimum traffic requirements, ensuring correct ad placement, and maximizing cost-per-mille (CPM).
The AdThrive ad network helps publishers monetize their website by acting as an intermediary between an advertiser and a publisher. It helps publishers sell ad inventory to advertisers looking for space to promote their products.
AdThrive is a Google Certified Publishing Partner that has a large pool of advertisers. Though it has a fairly low minimum payout threshold of $25, its minimum traffic requirement of 100,000 page views per month can make it difficult for new site owners to get in.
So, if you are just starting out or have been turned down by AdThrive, this article will help you find the best AdThrive alternatives to monetize your website.
5 Best AdThrive Alternatives to Try in 2023
Publift is a premium AdThrive alternative that provides an all-in-one solution for publishers looking to maximize their revenue. The programmatic ad platform is a Google certified publishing partner and has been helping publishers increase their revenue by up to 55% since 2015.
Publift’s commitment to increasing publisher revenue has been recognized by several industry leaders. It was awarded the Drum APAC Award for Best Sell-Side Technology for Programmatic Trading in 2019. It was also ranked by Deloitte among the top 10 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 rankings that recognize Australia’s fastest growing companies. In 2020, it was recognized by The Australian Financial Review and Statista as one of Australia's Fast Starters 2020.
Publift aggregates some of the major ad networks and provides solutions based on a publisher’s needs. Its proprietary product suite, called Fuse, integrates easily with a publisher’s website requiring very little by way of technical expertise.
The company supports multiple ad formats such as sticky footer ads, video ads, interstitials, interscrollers, etc. The contextual ads publishers can display gel with existing content on their page, thus showing viewers ads related to what they’re already interested in. Moreover, it provides ad layout optimization, reporting, header bidding, and ad-block monetization along with an ad revenue calculator for easy revenue calculation.
Publift also offers sophisticated solutions to mobile app developers, making it one of the best mobile ad networks on this list.
You can book a demo here to see how all this translates to increased publisher revenue in practice.
Details and Requirements
- Site owners must have a minimum monthly ad revenue of $2000.
- In case the previous requirement is not met, sites must have monthly pageviews of at least 500,000
- Original and quality content.
- The approval process is very simple
- Offers great customer support
- Does not require any lock-in contracts
- Allows payment through bank transfer
- Monthly pageview requirements are on the higher side
Founded in 2004, the Mediavine ad management platform has more than 7500 publishers on board. It specializes in lifestyle niches such as food, travel, entertainment, and fashion. This Google Certified Publishing Partner manages your ad servers and offers header bidding and optimized ad placements.
Mediavne boasts of a superior dashboard that allows publishers to track all metrics related to their revenue and performance at a granular level. Mediavine’s revenue-sharing model offers 75% of total ad revenue to the publishers and you stand to get an additional 10% if your blog’s monthly views cross the 15 million mark.
It stands out from the competition because of its best-in-class support services and technologically advanced solutions that help improve ad revenue without impacting page load speeds. Mediavine also has strong capabilities to work with rich media formats such as video, making it one of the best video ad networks on the market.
On the flipside, It has a 90 days lock-in contract that automatically extends every 30 days. You need to give a notice 30 days prior to the extension date if you wish to leave.
Details and Requirements
- Minimum 50,000 site sessions to qualify for approval
- The minimum payment threshold is $25
- Quality content
- Ad support services.
- Multiple payment methods like PayPal, wire transfer, and direct deposit.
- Lock-in contract of 90 days
- High minimum traffic requirements
- Time-consuming approval process
Ezoic is an automated platform that supports multiple ad formats. It employs cutting-edge technology and artificial intelligence to optimize ad placements and provide advanced reporting.
Ezoic is especially known for offering a variety of proprietary publisher tools such as Ad Tester that allow publishers to identify the best ads for different locations.
It does not have high barriers in terms of monthly pageviews, making it the best AdThrive alternative for smaller publishers. Moreover, it offers the flexibility to try other services while using Ezoic. Experienced publishers may find it a little wanting when it comes to insights and analytics. However, if you have Google Analytics installed, you can compensate for this shortcoming by tracking all the relevant metrics there.
Ezoic’s large advertiser pool means there is a healthy competition among advertisers to bid on a publisher’s inventory, making it one of the best CPC ad networks on the market. All things considered, it is probably the best ad network for new publishers who do not have much traffic on their page and are still experimenting with their content. Experienced publishers on the other hand could explore other options that offer better returns.
Details and Requirements
- Offers different plans for websites with more or less than 10,000 views
- Informational content that meets Google’s publisher policies
- The minimum payment threshold is $20
- Multiple payment options like bank transfer, PayPal, check, and Payoneer
- Does not have any lock-in contract
- Employs cutting-edge technology to improve the site’s speed and performance
- Best-in-class customer support
- Low minimum requirements make it an ideal alternative for new or smaller publishers.
- Fast approval process
- Allows you to work with other providers as well
- Focussed on lifestyle content sites
- The onboarding process is a bit complex for less tech-savvy users.
4. Google AdSense
Google AdSense is a global ad network that connects publishers to multiple ad networks. It has no minimum page view requirements which makes it the first choice for new website owners worldwide.Its huge network of advertisers ensures that even if you have just started your ad monetization journey, you have a good chance of finding the right ad partner to work with.
Google AdSense allows you to make money on a per-click basis and supports a variety of ad formats including native ads, banner ads, in-feed ads, etc. It is regarded as one of the best AdThrive alternatives for new website owners, bloggers, and small and established publishers as it allows you to control the type, number, size, and placement of ads displayed on your site.
While the AdThrive Revenue share percentage is better than AdSense’s 68-32 split, smaller publishers are more likely to get approved and partner with Google AdSense. It is an ideal stepping stone for most new publishers who wish to monetize their sites and move to better-paying ad networks after a few years. If however, you are looking to graduate from AdSense to a more rewarding platform, have a look at our list of best AdSense alternatives to find a platform better suited to your needs.
Details and Requirements
- Website owner must be at least 18 years old
- Site needs to be six months or older
- Unlike other ad networks, there are no minimum traffic requirements. However, websites with low traffic might not be able to generate revenue
- Interesting and unique content that adheres to Google content policies
- Payment methods include electronic funds transfer, wire transfer, and check
- A huge network of advertisers and brands ensures even the new website owners stand to generate revenue through ads
- Easy approval process
- No minimum traffic requirements
- A free-to-use platform that allows you to customize and place ads as per your preference
- No lock-in contract
- Easy integration with Google Analytics for rich performance insights
- The minimum payment threshold of $100 is much higher compared to other ad networks.
- Low revenue share of 68:32 which makes it less attractive for established publishers.
Monumetric (previously known as The Blogger Network) is popular among bloggers. It is not limited to a specific niche and caters to all kinds of good quality content sites. The publisher-friendly ad networks help you monetize your website space while aiding in enhancing the user experience. It helps publishers to improve their website speeds, design, ad optimization, and navigation. It is a good alternative for publishers looking to add targeted and impression-based ads.
Monumetric offers four different plans for publishers based on website traffic.
- Propel: For new or small publishers with 10,000 - 80,000 monthly page views. The publisher has to pay a $99 one-time fee for the setup and optimization.
- Ascend: Publishers who fall in 80,000 - 500,000 page views per month get access to customized ad strategy and are not charged any fee.
- Stratos: With 500,000 - 10 million monthly page views you are eligible for several premium features and get a dedicated team that looks after operations, advanced reporting along with data and testing team.
- Apollo: Publishers with over 10 million monthly views get direct access to a team of experts who provide consultation and a team for the management of ads.
Details and Requirements
- Minimum monthly page views of 10,000. Offers different plans to publishers with higher page views.
- Payment methods include Paypal and bank transfer
- Only Blogger or Wordpress websites
- The minimum payment threshold is $10
- Low minimum payment threshold
- Ease of access for small bloggers and publishers thanks to its lower partnership requirements
- Monumetric provides professional support to publishers from the beginning
- Has a lock-in contract that requires 30 days notice
- New publishers might not be able to fulfill the 10,000 page views per month requirement
- If your monthly views are less than 80,000 then you will have to pay a set-up fee of $99
If you are unable to meet AdThrive’s high traffic requirements or have been rejected for some reason, the alternatives listed in this article are some of the best advertising networks that can help you monetize your site. In addition to these, there are now a host of other different ad networks that allow publishers to offer even more sophisticated forms of advertising such as in-gaming advertising. As an example, have a look at our list of our best gaming ad networks.
Publift helps digital publishers get the most out of the ads on their websites. Publift has helped its clients realize an average 55% uplift in ad revenue since 2015 through cutting-edge programmatic advertising technology paired with impartial and ethical guidance.
Contact us today to learn more about how Publift can help boost your ad revenue and grow your business!
Best AdThrive Alternatives - FAQs
Is AdThrive Better Than AdSense?
If your website fulfills the minimum traffic requirement of 100,000 page views per month then AdThrive is definitely a better option than AdSense. It provides a better revenue share percentage than Google AdSense, offers a higher RPM, and guarantees more significant revenue generated by selling your website ad inventory.
Does AdThrive Pay for Impressions?
Yes, AdThrive pays for impressions. The revenue generated through impressions depends upon the type of ads and the advertiser.
How Much Can You Earn With AdThrive?
AdThrive pays more than many other display ad platforms. It shares 75% of the revenue with site owners while Google AdSense only pays 68% of its total ad revenue. AdThrive’s average RPM ranges from $13 to $15 which implies that you stand to make up to $15 per 1,000 pageviews. This makes it one of the best CPM ad networks in the market.
Is Publift Better Than AdThrive?
Publift is a Google Certified Publishing Partner that employs programmatic ad technology to help site owners maximize their ad revenue. It is a great alternative to AdThrive for publishers looking to grow their revenue even further. Its easy approval process and excellent customer support make it stand out from other ad platforms such as AdThrive.